Monday, July 15, 2013

Saying Yes and Stone Tablets

Saying yes to something means saying no to something else.  If you choose one path, then you are by default saying no to another.  Woo.  However, saying "no" to something means you're saying yes to something else, you just might not know what it is yet.  How's that for easy to follow?

By closing the door to the path for ordained ministry, I am opening other doors, to other options.  I have no idea what those are, but they are there, somewhere.  Granted, that does not make this move any less heartbreaking.  I have put four years of education and thousands of dollars (seminary education is not cheap; Jesus would not be impressed) into pursuing ordained ministry.

And now I can't.

Romans says that all things work together for the good of those who love God; who are called according to His purpose.  I have no idea what that purpose is, but I'm trusting God to work stuff out.  Though, I must admit, a hint would be nice.  So would a stone tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment